Lunch for the Bush family at the White House.
This is an amazing photograph. The seating arrangement is fascinating to me, because obviously several people had extensive debates about where each person should be seated. Also like to imagine (even though it probably didn’t happen this way) the awkward lulls in conversation. The clinking of forks on salad plates, a clearing of the throat and then Barack to George W: “So, what are you up to these days?”
(via the White House flickr, which is awesome.)
- hookemserg reblogged this from attentiondoozers
- ecantwell said: They put young Barbara all the way at the head of the table so she couldn’t easily steal anyone else’s food off their plates like she did to me one time and I will never forgive her for it.
- ecantwell likes this
- monsterbeard likes this
- monsterbeard said: This is beyond weird.
- barelytolerable likes this
- mundy likes this
- catsolen likes this
- attentiondoozers posted this